Dr. Goldstein’s Published Research
- Vulvodynia published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine
- Vulvodynia: Strategies for Treatments published in Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Current Concepts of Vulvar Vestibulitis Syndrome published in the Bulletin of the Israeli Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Surgery for Vulvar Vestibulitis published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine
- Outcome Assessment of Vulvar Vestibulectomy for Vulvar Vestibulitis Syndrome published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine
- Pimecrolimus for the Treatment of Vulvar Lichen Sclerosus in a Premarchal Girl published in the Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- Pimecrolimus for the treatment of Lichen Simplex Chronicus published in the Gynecologic and Obstetrical Investigation
- Surgical Treatment of Clitoral Phimosis Caused by Lichen Sclerosus published in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- The Vulvar Dermatoses published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine
- Umbilical Hypersensitivity in Women with Primary Vestibulodynia published in the Journal of Reproductive Medicine
- Vulvar Lichen Planus publsihed in Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Mucous Membarne Pemphigoid of the Vulva published in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Plasma Cell Vulvitis: A Rare Cause of Vulvar Pruritis published in the Archives of Dermatology
Supporting Research for the O Shot® procedure (using blood-derived growth factors for vaginal health restoration)
1. Hom DB, Linzie BM, Huang TC. The healing effects of autologous platelet gel onacute human skin wounds. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2007;9(3):174-183.
2. Runels, C., et al. “A Pilot Study of the Effect of Localized Injections of Autologous Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) for the Treatment of Female Sexual Dysfunction.” J Women’s Health Care 3.169 (2014): 2167-0420.
3. O’Connell SM, Impeduglia T, Hessler K, Wang XJ, Carroll RJ, Dardik H. Autologous platelet-rich fibrin matrix as cell therapy in the healing of chronic lowerextremity ulcers. Wound Repair Regen. 2008;16(6):749-756.
4. Cervelli, Valerio MD; Lucarini, Lucilla MD.Use of Platelet-Rich Plasma and Hyaluronic Acid in the Loss of Substance with Bone Exposure. Advances in Skin & Wound Care: April 2011 – Volume 24 – Issue 4 – pp 176-181 [This one shows using the same techniques used in the Vampire Facelift (R) procedure to grow new skin WHERE THERE IS NO SKIN]
5. Redaelli, Alessio. Face and neck revitalization with Platelet-rich plasma (PRP): clinical-outcome in a series of 23 consecutively treated patients. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology – May 1, 2010
6. Azzena B, Mazzoleni F, Abatangelo G, Zavan B, Vindigni V. Autologous plateletrich [Using Regen prepared platelet-derived growth factors (a single-spin centrifuge) to rejuvenate the face & neck] plasma as an adipocyte in vivo delivery system: case report. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2008;32(1):155-161.
7. Cervelli V, Gentile P, Grimaldi M. Regenerative surgery: use of fat grafting combined
with platelet-rich plasma for chronic lower-extremity ulcers. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2009;33(3):340-345.
8. Cervelli V, Palla L, Pascali M, De Angelis B, Curcio BC, Gentile P. Autologous
platelet-rich plasma mixed with purified fat graft in aesthetic plastic surgery. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2009;33(5):716-721.
9. Cervelli V, Gentile P. Use of cell fat mixed with platelet gel in progressive hemifacial atrophy. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2009;33(1):22-27.
10. Cervelli V, Gentile P, Scioli MG, et al. Application of platelet-rich plasma in plastic surgery: clinical and in vitro evaluation. Tissue Eng Part C Methods. 2009; 15:1-9.
11. Sclafani AP. Platelet-rich fibrin matrix for improvement of deep nasolabial folds.
J Cosmet Dermatol. 2010;9(1):66-71.
12. Sclafani AP. Applications of platelet-rich fibrin matrix in facial plastic surgery.
Facial Plast Surg. 2009;25(4):270-276.
13. Sclafani AP. Safety, efficacy, and utility of platelet-rich fibrin matrix in facial plastic surgery [published online February 21, 2011]. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2011;13(4):247-251.
14. Kakudo N, Minakata T, Mitsui T, Kushida S, Notodihardjo FZ, Kusumoto K.Proliferation-promoting effect of platelet-rich plasma on human adiposederived stem cells and human dermal fibroblasts. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008; 122(5):1352-1360.
15. Oh DS, Cheon YW, Jeon YR, Lew DH. Activated platelet-rich plasma improves fat graft survival in nude mice: a pilot study. Dermatol Surg. 2011;37(5):619-625.
16. Danielsen P, Jørgensen B, Karlsmark T, Jorgensen LN, Agren MS. Effect of topical autologous platelet-rich fibrin versus no intervention on epithelialization of donor sites and meshed split-thickness skin autografts: a randomized clinical trial. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008;122(5):1431-1440.
17. Anitua E, Sa´nchez M, Zalduendo MM, et al. Fibroblastic response to treatment with different preparations rich in growth factors. Cell Prolif. 2009;42(2):162-170.
18. Carroll RJ, Arnoczky SP, Graham S, O’Connell SM. Characterization of Autologous Growth Factors in Cascade Platelet-Rich Fibrin Matrix (PRFM). Edison, NJ:Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation; 2005. Publication No. 128-XM 307C5.
19. Anthony P. Sclafani, MD; Steven A. McCormick, MD. Induction of Dermal Collagenesis, Angiogenesis,and Adipogenesis in Human Skin by Injection of Platelet-Rich Fibrin Matrix. Arch Facial Plast Surg.Published online October 17, 2011. [Biopsy-proven new blood vessel growth and new collegen using platelet-derived growth factors (using a single-spin centrifuge)]
20. Gafni-Kane, Adam MD; Sand, Peter K. MD. Foreign-Body Granuloma After Injection of Calcium Hydroxylapatite for Type III Stress Urinary Incontinence. Obstetrics & Gynecology: August 2011 – Volume 118 – Issue 2, Part 2 – pp 418-421doi:10.1097/AOG.0b013e3182161953 [showed a significant incidence of granuloma formation after injectin Radiesse like materials to treat urinary incontinence. Conclusion is that benefit is worth the risk].
21. Alijotas-Reig, Jaume MD, PhD. Foreign-Body Granuloma After Injection of Calcium Hydroxylapatite for Treating Urinary Incontinence. Obstetrics & Gynecology: November 2011-Volume 118- Issue 5-p 1181-1182 doi: 10.1097/AOG.0b-12e318235962d [Letter to editor challenging the idea that the benefit is worth the risk when using Radiesse like materials to treat stress incontinence–the point is that even with a risk of complications that require surgery, some gynecologist consider injecting around the urethera with Radiesse or Juvederm like material (i.e. the G-Shot™) to be an accepted practice. Yet with the PRP used in the O-Shot™ there seems to be ZERO risk of granuloma with even more benefit]
22. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists,Practice Bulletin. Clinical Management Guidelines for Obstetrician-Gynecologists. No. 119. Apirl 2011 [Therapy available, hormones and psychotherapy–that’s it]
23. Case Report Koebnerization in a Woman with Extragenital Lichen Sclerosus
24. Lichen Sclerosus M E Docrat, Skin Focus.
25. New Zealand Medical Journal Vulva Skin Condition.
26. Lichen Sclerosis of the glans is significantly associated with penile carcinoma. Sexually Transmitted Infections.
27. Lichen Sclerosus mimicking bowen’s Disease. Helena Rotsztenjn.
28. Clinical Recommendation: Pediatric Lichen Sclerosis. NASPAG Clinical Recommendation.
29. A clinical Study of Vulval Lichen Sclerosis at a tertiary care hospital in South India.
30. Constipation as a feature of Anogenital Lichen Sclerosis in Children.
If you’re a woman, and wonder if the O Shot™ may help you, then give us your email address and we will give you the name of the provider closest to you.
This procedure is so new, that it may be some time before we have someone trained in your area…but we will keep you up to date about the progress with research with the procedure as well as when someone becomes trained in your area.